Planes, trains, and automobiles… no bikes yet…

16 04 2008

Well here I am… on VIA on my first leg to the Netherlands.  I’ve been up since yesterday at 11am.  For some reason I wasn’t able to sleep, I would lay down and the only thing that would come to mind was… did I pack this?  Did I remember to do that? What about the suitcases are they too heavy?  So needless to say, today is going to be a long day.  I’m going to try and get some sleep on the train but I can’t see that happening, there are too many people and they are loud already.  I didn’t remember to bring earplugs, but I do have a sleep mask if I need it.  Worse comes to worse I’ll sleep for a bit at Carrie’s and then maybe pass out in the plane. 

I am really excited to get to the Netherlands again, it’s been too long since I’ve seen him last.  These five weeks that I have with him and the kids will be fun and this is a great way for the girls and I to spend some time with each other and not be rushed like it usually is.  I have a project in the backyard to keep us busy once I clean it out.  We are going to be in that house for the summer at least so I might as well make it nice for us to spend some time out there when the sun does shine.  I have a few ideas as to what I want to do and I want the girls to help me.  I’m smuggling in some seeds to from Canada (ssssshhhhh don’t tell anyone).

Ok… Mr Via man is cranky at 6am!!  Holy!!!  No wonder I don’t take the train, one I’m getting nauseous trying to type with the train rocking, oh and lets not forget the HORN BLOWING!!!!  So much for sleep… sigh

Ok.. going to get off this and put the laptop away, I’ll probably type more at the airport since I have to sit there for 3 hours!

Alrighty now, I’m at Pearson after a quiet nap at Carrie’s.  What a mess.  I get here and my Martinair flight has been cancelled and now I’m on KLM, which really isn’t a bad thing since KLM is a nicer airline.  But now I have to try and get a hold of Frank to let him know that my original flight has been cancelled.   So here I sit waiting to board at 4:55…. Waiting…. Waiting…Waiting….

Finally I’m here!  After a long day I arrived at Schiphol on time and somewhat awake.  I think the only good part of the voyage was that KLM has better food and bigger chairs then Martinair, and I was able to get my own television in front of me so that I can watch my own movies and television shows.  So that helped pass the time while I was sitting there listening to a baby scream and not being able to put my seat back since I was in the middle seat… right in front of the washrooms.. UGH.

When I made it out of the airport into the main concourse of Schiphol/NS (Train station) there was Frank waiting for me with a long stemmed red rose and a monkey key chain, he knows about the monkey story Danielle! LOL!!  Taking the train back to Amersfoort then a cab to the house I arrived to welcome signs from Ashley and Brianna, and tulips and flowers all over the living room. 



This is by Brianna (above)

This one is by Ashley (above)



Some of the flowers that were around the house for me.

The nice thing about Holland, FLOWERS ARE CHEAP!   So I can always have fresh ones in the house. 

Tomorrow will be a “put crap away” day and try and get organized.  As for right now, my bed is calling!!!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: